For those who did not receive 2008 Stimulus CheckThe Federal government sent out 2008 stimulus paychecks. However there are many taxpayers who either did not receive their stimulus checks or did not qualify for the last years stimulus payment. If you have not received your stimulus check last year then you may be eligible to receive the IRS Recovery Rebate Credit in 2009. You can find out if you are eligible for the recovery rebate credit using the IRS online tool on this page. In order to use this tool you must know how much stimulus payment you received last year. Moreover taxpayers who did not file for 2008 Stimulus Checks because they were not sure whether they were eligible, should note that you are/were eligible to receive 2008 Stimulus Payment Checks if
- You or your family has at least $3,000 in qualifying income from, or in combination with, Social Security benefits, Veterans Affairs benefits, Railroad Retirement benefits and earned income. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) does not count as qualifying income for the stimulus payment.
- You and any family members listed on your tax return have valid Social Security numbers.
- You are not a dependent or eligible to be a dependent on someone else’s federal tax return. (The same must be true of any family members claimed on your return.)
- Find out if you receive Social Security retirement or disability benefits.
- Find out if you receive Veterans Affairs pension, disability or survivor's benefits
- Find out if you receive Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
- Find out if you are a low wage worker.
Will I receive Stimulus Checks in 2009?The 2009 Economic Stimulus Package or Obama's Economic Stimulus Plan contains a lot of incentives and stimulus. For example -
- 2009 Housing Stimulus bill: $8000 First Time Home Buyer Tax credit.
- 2009 Auto Stimulus - New Car purchase stimulus or car buyer tax breaks- Tax deduction for sales tax and auto loan interest for new car purchases.
- 2009 Child Tax stimulus: Extension of $1000 Child tax credit for 2009.
- 2009 $800 Making work pay Stimulus: Tax rebate of $400 for singles and $800 for married.
- 2009 $250 Social Security Stimulus Check: Read my post $250 Social Security Stimulus Check 2009 Stimulus Plan
Federal Tax Breaks, IRS Tax Credits, Tax Rebates in 2009 Economic Stimulus Package that maybe of interest to you