My goal in this and the next coming posts is to address typical questions which come in the mind of an investor like you and me: What are the best stocks to buy right now? What are the best investment strategies? etc. I hope that these posts will help us to take informed decisions for investing in 2009.
- GSK Pharma or Glaxo : Best Pharma Stock to invest in 2009
- Cipla : Good Stock, Pharma Stock - currently slightly overvalued?
- Hindustan Unilever. : Best FMCG Stock to invest in recession (Market leader)
- Nestle : Good FMCG Stock
- Tata Tea : Best FMCG Stock for investment, currently available at an attractive price.
- Britannia : Good FMCG Stock
- Marico : One of the best FMCG stocks, with high growth.
- Dabur : Good FMCG stock
- Titan Industries : Market leader - best Indian watch company - good long term investment option.
- Hero Honda : Good Auto Stock- best for long term investment especially since prices of petrol are low and interest rates are falling.
- Pharma : Pharmaceutical companies - medicine making companies - are relatively insulated from sharp downturns, simply because of the logic that even if you dont get salary increments or are short of cash, you wouldn't stop buying medicine, would you?
- FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods): These are consumer goods which are required on a daily basis - for e.g. toothpaste, soap, oil, etc. These goods being daily necessities, are relatively less affected in a recession when consumer sentiment is at very low.
- Are the above stocks best in the sense they will guarantee 100% profit on investments? - there is no such thing like guarantee in stock market investments. The above stocks are top stocks or best stocks only in the sense that seem to have a high chance of surviving the market onslaught.
- Are there no best stocks from other sectors like real estate? I think other sectors like real estate are horrible investment options for 2009, especially in India because real estate prices are falling and they probably wont reach any bottom until the dawn of 2010. Perhaps 2009 end or later would be the best time to reconsider investing in real estate or auto stocks.
Recent Posts related to the theme "Best Stocks to Buy Now" (2010)
Stocks which were "Best Stocks to Invest" for year 2009, but now, the analysis may or may not apply, as prospects for the current year have changed.